Little something I made today. More coming.
Sips, Sjin, Lewis, Duncan, and Hannah.
Had some 0°F weather action here on the east coast today. I’ve never heard my cars start up sounding so sad.
Save more, a focused effort to get more money into savings.
Do more, have been wanting to get a gaming YouTube channel off the ground for a long time.
Freelance my design work to afford a proper road bike.
Live with less, continue to work towards not owning so much crap.
Move more, I want to gain some weight through strength training, somehow.
Pay off my car loan sooner, already on it’s way.
Journal more, aim for a few times a week.
Grow a garden.
Eat less processed food.
How would things change if you had only one of something?
1 set of silverware.
1 pair of sunglasses.
1 pair of shoes.
1 way to connect to the Internet (phone, computer, game system).
How often do we need more than 1 of anything? To…
Read an article from the 1850s that went “viral” back in it’s time about life advice for young men. It’s amazing how well many of the points made, still speak volumes today. Here are a few of my favorites:
• Keep good company or none
• Never be idle. If your hands cannot be usefully employed, attend to the cultivation of your mind
• Always speak the truth
• Make few promises
• Live up to all your engagements
• When you speak to a person, look him in the face
• Good character is above all things else
• If any one speak evil of you, let your life be so virtuous that none will believe him
• Ever live, misfortune excepted, within your income
• When you retire to bed, think over what you have been doing during the day
• Small and steady gains give competency with tranquility of mind
• Earn money before you spend it
• Never run into debt, unless you see a way to get out again
• Never borrow if you can possibly avoid it
• Never speak evil of any one